Tuesday, January 10, 2012

God's Unique Creations

OK, I am not going to talk about sunrises everyday, but this morning's was another spectacular one. The sky was almost clear with just a little reflection of pink and purple, but it shown on the blanket of snow that covered the ground as if to say everything is made new, fresh and clean. The birds were singing an enthusiastic chorus to verify the sight. This sunrise was so different from the one three days ago. It struck me that God is such a magnificent creator, that no matter how long I live, I will never see the same sunrise or sunset. They are all unique. Every part of the day is teeming with unique sights that I have never seen before, or at least I look at them differently, even though I may have seen some of them before.
Each one of the snowflakes, that fell with yesterday's snow, all look unique under a special microscope. That is amazing to me. Each one of us is uniquely created, too, with God's own purpose planted deep within us. When my boys were little, I remember teaching them Bill and Gloria Gaither's song, "I am a Promise, with a CAPITOL P, (a great big bundle of potentiality). That does not stop when we get older.
In losing my husband of 43 years, I still have to battle thoughts from the Enemy that my life is over.
It is not. "As long as I have breath I can praise the LORD."

Psalm 150:6  Let everything that breathes praise the Lord. 

The sunrise this morning reminded me of a concept that I learned at a wellness conference I attended years ago, the speaker talked about F.T.E.s. If you hire staff, you may know that to mean how many "Full Time Equivalents" do you get to have to fill positions. In wellness terms, this speaker said an FTE meant "First Time Ever." Everyday that you are alive, God has built into your day some First Time Evers, uniquely for you. Can you name some of them that you had today?

This my First Time Ever to write about all the unique things God has created for each one of us. The day is full potential. Open the eyes of our hearts, Holy Spirit

Your Sister in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment