Saturday, January 7, 2012

Prayer at Sunrise

I started this blog when I was recovering from surgery a few years ago. I was inspired by Katie Brazelton's book, Character Makeover, and actually thought I was responding to her blog and ended up, accidentally creating my own. Since I don't think it was an accident, it has stayed as a desire of my heart to write and share my faith with those that God leads here.
I tried to start the blog again, last year, in the midst of my grief recovery, after losing my husband of 43 years, but many adjustments to a new life kept me distracted. I have retired from my job now, I have written through 5 prayer journals in a year and, with the encouragement of friends, family and my grief counselor, I am trying again. I still have a lot to learn about this type of technology, but I am willing to see what the LORD wants to do with it.

My reason for wanting to share on this blog is based on:
1 Thessalonians 5:14 -22 says, "......Encourage the people who are afraid. Help those who are weak. Be patient with everyone. Be sure no one pays back wrong for wrong, but ALWAYS tries to do what is good for each other and for all people. Always be joyful. Pray continually and give thanks for whatever happens. That is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus." (NCV)

I have been inspired by many books, this year, but one that I have used each morning with my entry into a new day with God is, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young. It has been my prayer journal prompt and I let the Holy Spirit lead me from there.
As I was writing this morning, I had the privelege of watching the sun rise. It is my daily reminder that God wants me to go on with my life, because He has given a beautiful picture, created by Him, to start the day.
"LORD, a beautiful sunrise is taking place as I write down this prayer. It brings the expectation of a new day. Just in the past 24 hours, new possibilities and hope for the future have risen, expressing my thoughts on a blog and maybe, a new job. For this moment I am satisfied to be right here, seeking You in prayer and in Your Word, wanting to draw closer. I want to KNOW You so well that my spirit is aware of Your Presence, sensitive to Your guidance every hour of the day, from moment to moment. I am never alone. Whatever I need to learn, LORD, teach me. Whatever You want me to do LORD, show me.
Now the sun is revealed halfway. There is still the promise of even more light to brighten the day on this cool, crisp morning that You have created, and that I get to witness and enjoy. Let the promise of Your Light enter into the darkest part of my heart, and sustain me as I begin this day of my on-going journey with You. I want to abide in You and You in me. That is the most important connection I can have. It is as precious as holding a shimmering jewel that reflects the "SonLight."
The sun is fully risen now, shining brightly through my window. Jesus Christ has fully risen, too, so lead me with Your Light into whatever the day holds. I don't want to waste one moment of thought or deed on anything that is not according to Your Will. So Be It, AMEN."
I pray that the Son shines on all that read this blog according to God's Perfect Timing and His Perfect Plan for you.

Your Sister in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment